Rules of Play
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. PURCHASES, IF MADE, ARE NOT TAX-DEDUCTIBLE DONATIONS.
The contest begins on [Thursday, December 1st, 2022] at [9:00 am] Atlantic Standard Time ("AST") and closes on [Sunday, December 11th, 2022] at [11:59 pm] AST, following which no further entries will be accepted. Only open to Canadian residents, excluding Québec, above the age of eighteen (18).
HOW TO ENTER: The Contest may be entered by two methods:
- WEBSITE ENTRY (CHARITABLE DONATION): Entrants may enter the Contest by visiting worldjuniorscontest.ca (the "Contest Website") during the Contest Entry Period and by following and completing the on-screen prompts that involve making an eligible charitable donation as described on the Contest Website. Upon donation of $20.00, an entrant will receive 20 entries; for $50.00 an entrant will receive 50 entries; for $75.00 an entrant will receive 75 entries. An email confirmation will be sent to the entrant at the email address provided by the entrant on the Contest Website, confirming their respective number of entries. Donations are not tax-deductible. All donations are final and non-refundable.
- FREE METHOD OF ENTRY: Participation in the Contest is voluntary and does not require an entrant to make a payment to the Sponsor. An individual may enter the Contest for free ( the “No Payment Necessary” method) by completing the following steps:
- Subject line: “Win Hockey for the Holidays” and
- First and last name: of the individual seeking to enter the Contest; and
- A short original video prepared by the individual seeking to enter the Contest (minimum 20 seconds, maximum 1 minute) OR a unique and original essay written by the individual to enter the Contest (minimum 100 words, maximum 500 words) must be attached to the email, on the topic of “What does the World Junior Championship means to you?”
Entries using the No Payment Necessary method that does not provide all of the above-listed information will be deemed ineligible (as determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion). There is a limit of one entry per email address. Duplicate videos or essays will automatically void the duplicate entry. All No Payment Necessary emails must be received by the Contest End Date of Dec. 11, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. AST. No confirmation of receipt will be provided by the Sponsor for No Payment Necessary entries.
All videos and essays submitted in connection with this Contest by entrants shall be the exclusive property of the Sponsor and its affiliates. To the extent that the entrant has or obtains any right, title, or interest in or to any video or essay submitted, the entrant hereby assigns and agrees to assign to the Sponsor or any Sponsor’s affiliate as the Sponsor may specify, all of such right, title and interest therein and thereto. The entrant agrees to execute any additional documents, applications, and registration forms as may be presented to him/her to establish the Sponsor and its affiliates’ rights as stated herein. The entrant also waives, in favour of the Sponsor or such Sponsor’s affiliate(s) designated by the Sponsor, any moral rights in any video or essay submitted in connection with this Contest. The entrant hereby represents and warrants that a video or essay submission shall not infringe, misappropriate, or violate the rights of the Sponsor or any third party.
Each successfully submitted No Payment Necessary entry is worth one (1) entry in the Contest. There is a limit of one entry per email address one (1) person may have.
Any and all information provided in this contest is provided to the Sponsor, not
Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Inc. or Instagram, Inc.
Skill-testing question required. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Only entries that satisfy specified entry requirements will be considered.
Full rules and entry details are available here.